Powered By Blogger

Monday, July 27, 2009

Becoming tourists

Sunday morning (July 26) the rest of the Romania team left for Bucharest, and then home on Monday, leaving Jason, Megan, and myself in Arad with Emi and Vio. We had a couple of days to chill and do laundry before we left on our trip across eastern Europe. Monday our friend Sergiu took Jason and me to see some ruins outside of Arad. We went to what was called the ruins of S'ria up in the hills outside of Arad. Sergiu's little car had a hard time making it up the washed out, steep dirt roads. So Jason and I had to get out several times to push. We made it to the top and got to climb all over the 2,200 year old ruins, as well as take some cool pictures. After spending all afternoon with Sergiu and his fiancee Steghie, we headed back to Arad for one last soccer game with our new Romanian friends from camp. Always a lot of fun! Goodbye Romania!



The ruins at S'ria


Photo opp! Don't worry about how I got up there


As you can see I think I'm having climbing withdrawals


Sergiu's crazy car



Sergiu and Steghie, God bless you guys!!

No comments:

Post a Comment